My gut feeling says binary XML must be faster, as Eran said both
parsing and writing should be faster. (otherwise all those people
justifying binary protocols are in serious trouble ).

One simple test  is to do a performance evaluation of XML reading and
writing using fast infoset and a conventional xml parser. I believe
there is a OM perf test case , we should be able to switch to fast
infoset stax implementation and run that test case to compare the
results. However another possibility is for smaller documents SOAP
container overhead take over and no real difference can be seen.

Thanks
Srinath

On 9/29/07, Eran Chinthaka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Srinath Perera:
   Indiana University, Bloomington
   http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~hperera/
   http://www.bloglines.com/blog/hemapani

Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on
simplicity -- Plato