On Dec 14, 2007 4:20 PM, Eran Chinthaka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Wesley,
>
> One note here. Never ask what REST is and try to compare that with WS or
> SOAP in particular. 100 people will come up with 100 different ideas
> about it. Pure REST is still in the philosophical stage and everyone
> thinks on their own. Anyway I have no intention to get in to the REST war.

Yesterday I was talking with a friend (a phd student from my lab) and he has
the same opinion.

> If you are getting in to a new field and trying to understand new
> domain, it will be bit harder for you to understand what it means. So
> try to follow some guidelines Nick and Sanjiva proposed, like reading
> the JSR and also googling. I hope you will find articles on Axis2 + Rest
> + WSDL 2.0 at least.

Now I am doing this. As you said it is a new field for me, and I trying to
understand this better.

> Another way to help us is, read our docs and see what is missing, what
> is complex and what is still not working. All the devs here have seen
> those docs thousand times or do not bother to look at them coz all of
> these people here total geeks. So we really want different and fresh
> perspectives on our code.
> Perhaps you can start answering vast amount of questions in axis-user
> list. Since you are a CS student, you have a better knowledge reading
> code than some of the users. You can help answering those people.
> Look at our JIRA, you might see some low hanging issues which you can
> fix easily. Especially if there are issues with test cases, run them,
> identify the problem and debug to see where the problem is and try to
> fix it.

For now I am trying to to get o better view of Axis2 structure before send
any opinion or suggestion. So, when I get better I´ll can give my opinion
and contribute to the project.

> Those methods are how you can help us and also will earn you the way to
> get the prestigious committership in Apache Web services project which
> will come handy on your CV.

Certainly!