Deepal
As we discussed in the mailing list I created a prototype deployer (TransportDeployer) for transport deployment..
This is cool and boy you are fast :-) !..

Axis2 transports also needs a few more changes though.. and I'm re-thinking about the suggestion made by Sanjiva on moving the core API's out of Axis2 as well.. for example, TransportSender needs a start() method, just like the Listeners, as there can be Senders that requires initialization, and explicit start/stop behavior.. Else, at ConfigurationContext creation itself, the Senders "start" through the init() call which is not what you want.. also if you stop a transport, you cannot restart.. Another example is with the AxisServlet listener which must handle its stop() call etc, and refuse to handle any messages through Axis2 if the transport was shutdown.. else if a service does not implement the ServiceLifeCycle interface, it may still be accessible over the servlet transport even if the lister manager was shutdown etc..

So I think its better to *first* work on moving out the current transports from Axis2 as proposed, so that we can focus and review the transports and the design again, and make any improvements for issues we see. I do not think this is something we could try to do in a hurry.. we should also focus on good API documentation that will help anyone write a new transport easily etc

asankha