Hi Asankha, all:

Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Jarek
>> I agree with changing the transport dependencies to test scope but in
>> general I'm a little concerned about the circular dependency between
>> axis2 and axis2-transport modules. Because of that circular dependency
>> I think we have to release axis2 and axis2-transport at the same time
>> (at least the base, local, tcp and http transport modules) and I
>> thought the idea behind splitting transport code from Axis2 was to
>> release the transport modules independently from Axis2.
>>
> Yes, for some reason some of the existing pom.xml's creates problems for
> projects down the line, with these issues. Its important to set the
> dependencies for runtime and testing etc correct. Also to fix the
> dependencies to avoid any circular dependencies. I firmly believe that
> transports need to be released separately, and its just a matter of time..

+1.  We've done the first step of factoring the transports, but not the
whole enchilada.  The big philosophical change we now need to make is
that Axis2 shouldn't, aside from test code, be relying on any particular
set of transports (except *possibly* the local one).  It would also be
really great if we could optionally run most of the Axis2 tests which
currently use HTTP over the local transport - I would think that might
speed up the build significantly.

For Axis2 1.5, we DO need to get a real (non-SNAPSHOT) release of the
transports out ASAP.  Will bring that up on commons-dev.

--Glen