I do use document/literal.

On the #1 issue below, I see the following from java2wsdl:

- Please register a typemapping/beanmapping for 'xyz.myexception'
- The class java.lang.Throwable is defined in a java or javax package and cannot be converted into an xml schema type. An xml schema anyType will be used to define this class in the wsdl file.

How do I 'tweak' the WSDL to correct these issues?

On the #2 issue below, I eventually found a workaround which is instead of writing the following:

public class Employer
{
 public int employerID;
 public Employee [] employees;
}

just write the following:

public class Employer
{
 public int employerID;
 public Employee [] employees; // could be private

 public Employee [] getEmployees()
 {
   return this.employees;
 }

 public void setEmployees(Employee [] employees)
 {
   this.employees = employees;

This 'hack' solved all my problems to do with having to use ArrayOfEmployee in boith the Axis server and Axis clients.

On #3, I don't have a solution yet so may have to create an intermediate class that contains the Booleans and then pass that class to the operation rather than passing the contained Booleans.