There you go! :)

On 8/16/06, KALYAN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK GOT IT. I BIG TIME GOT IT WORKING.

People you got two options. You don't have to take the pain of second
option..
but I am just telling.
1.) Copy latest axis and commons-discovery  snapshot jar files from
http://people.apache.org/repository/axis/jars/axis-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
http://people.apache.org/repository/commons-discovery/jars/commons-discovery-SNAPSHOT.jar
rename them to remove SNAPSHOT text if you want to.
2.)
a.)Checkout latest build using
svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis/trunk/java
axis
b.)Build it using ant.
c.) Copy the built commons-discovery and axis jars to wherever you need it.

Place them where your applets suck them in... thats it.
Thats it...no signing of jars, no changing java.policy file ...

I am relieved.

Thanks very much dims.

May be if a new release of axis is done people would not come accross this
issue anymore.

Kalyan

Davanum Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Please see the following threads:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&w=2&r=1&s=applet+discovery&q=b

On 8/15/06, KALYAN wrote:

> Its not a secure site. I had accepted the certificate that I created. But
> the applet works only if I modify the java.policy file.
>
> Let me know if I should give more info.
>
> Here is the error message I get.
>
> Exception in thread "Thread-7" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not
> initialize class org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient
> at

org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:110)
> at org.apache.axis.client.Service.(Service.java:119)

> at

unitconverter.webserviceclient.UnitConverterServiceClient.getCategoryList(UnitConverterServiceClient.java:32)
> at

unitconverter.panels.UnitConvertorPanel$2.run(UnitConvertorPanel.java:164)
> Exception in thread "Thread-8"
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> at

org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDKHooks.(JDKHooks.java:75)

> at

org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:412)
> at

org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:378)
> at

org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:45)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
> Method)
> at

org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory.java:41)
> at

org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.(LogFactory.java:33)
> at

org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.(BasicHandler.java:43)

> at

org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:110)
> at org.apache.axis.client.Service.(Service.java:119)

> at

unitconverter.webserviceclient.UnitConverterServiceClient.getUnitList(UnitConverterServiceClient.java:52)
> at

unitconverter.panels.UnitConvertorPanel.updateUnit1and2Lists(UnitConvertorPanel.java:211)
> at

unitconverter.panels.UnitConvertorPanel$3.run(UnitConvertorPanel.java:166)
> Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access
> denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission createClassLoader)
> at

java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> java.lang.SecurityManager.checkCreateClassLoader(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.(Unknown Source)
> at

org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.PsuedoSystemClassLoader.(PsuedoSystemClassLoader.java:73)

> at

org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.findSystemClassLoader(JDK12Hooks.java:215)
> at

org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.(JDK12Hooks.java:73)