*From:* tyson magney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Sent:* Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:06 PM
*To:* axis-user@ws.apache.org
*Subject:* Authentication Issue

Hello,

I am in the process of evaluating Soap toolkits.  Axis2 looks promising
but I am having an issue setting up a test client.  I have successfully run
the WSDL2Java Eclipse plugin to create my stub class.  I wrote some client
code to connect to my web services but it throws an exception.  Here is the
code.

DocInfoStub stub = null;
stub = new DocInfoStub("http://localhost/stellent/idcplg/";); <-- Fatal
error here.
DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName request = new DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName();
request.setDDocName("000107");
DocInfoStub.DocInfoByNameResponse response = stub.DocInfoByName(request);

Here is the fatal exception when I try to instanciate the DocInfoStub
class.
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.buildOM(
DescriptionBuilder.java:86)
    at org.apache.axis2.deployment.AxisConfigBuilder.populateConfig(
AxisConfigBuilder.java :58)
    at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.populateAxisConfiguration(
DeploymentEngine.java:690)
    at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.FileSystemConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration(
FileSystemConfigurator.java :109)
    at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContext
(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:61)
    at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(
ConfigurationContextFactory.java:180)
    at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.initializeTransports(
ServiceClient.java:189)
    at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.configureServiceClient(
ServiceClient.java :118)
    at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.<init>(ServiceClient.java
:114)
    at com.stellent.www.docinfo.DocInfoStub.<init>(DocInfoStub.java:82)
    at com.stellent.www.docinfo.DocInfoStub.<init>( DocInfoStub.java:106)
    at com.imagesourceinc.Axis2Test.main(Axis2Test.java:31)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No valid ObjectCreator found.
    at org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils$Pool.<init>( StAXUtils.java:41)
    at org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils.<clinit>(StAXUtils.java:62)
    ... 12 more
Exception in thread "main"

I believe the issue is that I need to authenticate the webservice.  I
tried using an endpoint URL like "
http://sysadmin:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/stellent/idcplg/" but it didnt help.  I
added an Authenticator and Options object based on the Http Authentication
example on the Axis2 site but it did not work either.   However the
documentation does not explain how to add the options to a client stub
class.  The same exception results either way.  In Axis 1.4, when I did
not authenticate properly I received a 401 Http response.

DocInfoStub stub = null;
//new code
Options options = new Options();
HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator auth = new
HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator ();
auth.setUsername("sysadmin");
auth.setPassword("idc");
options.setProperty(HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator.BASIC, auth);
//end new code
stub = new DocInfoStub(" http://localhost/stellent/idcplg/";); <-- Fatal
error here.
DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName request = new DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName();
request.setDDocName("000107");
DocInfoStub.DocInfoByNameResponse response = stub.DocInfoByName(request);

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

- Tyson