Dims,

It is a service which currently runs on BEA Weblogic but we are migrating to
open source. The plan was to
migrate it to Axis2. Since Axis2 v1.1.1 was not throwing exceptions I was
able to generate skeleton and stub files using  WSDL with rpc/encoded
bindings. Then I wrote, compiled and deployed a service using XMLBeans
binding but when I deployed on the server I kept getting faults each time
when I invoked the service. That's when I saw Axis 1.2 is already release
and thought that it might solve the problem. It didn't as with 1.2 I could
not even generate stubs and skeletons and that is when I wrote for first
time to the email list.

The WSDL which I inherited and is currently used in production is using
rpc/encoded style. I have no control over the client side to make them
change their code. But on Friday I modified the WSDL to use rpc/literal
style and was able to run wsdl2java on it without any problems. Hopefully
the client side will be willing to change their code to use rpc/literal
style.

I'm using XMLbeans as data binding. What is more efficient when it comes to
speed - running a standalone Axis2 server or running it under Tomcat? Are
there any advantages using one or the other?

Thanks,
Stefan