Hi,

the reason for this error message is usually, that you included the javax.servlet.Servlet class somewhere in a jar in your web-inf/lib directory. Delete that jar and it should work.

If you have classloader problems regarding axis2, it may help to add the jars by adding them as "shared library" instead of copying them to your web-inf/lib

Marcel

Jack Sprat schrieb:
I already had the application itself set to loading parent last. However, I had not changed the WAR class loader policy option to "single class loader for application." Making that change got rid of the error, but now when I try to invoke my service I get the following error:

Error 404: SRVE0201E: Servlet [org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet]: not a servlet class

What could be causing this?

*/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/* wrote:

    I'm running Axis2 with websphere 6.1 without any problem.
    The issue you have seems to be the same as the one depicted here:

http://ws.apache.org/muse/docs/2.2.0/manual/troubleshooting/wsdl4j-version-on-websphere.html

    Pierre

    *Jack Sprat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*
    31/07/2007 16:25
    Veuillez répondre à
    axis-user@ws.apache.org

        axis-user@ws.apache.org
    cc

    Objet
        [Axis2] Websphere 6.1 deployment error

    I have an Axis2 1.2 service that works fine on Tomcat 5.5.  All
    the Axis2 artifacts are contained in one big WAR file.  Deploying
    the WAR file to Websphere 6.1 yields the following error:

    INFO  ServiceDeployer - The imageview service, which is not valid,
    caused
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    javax/wsdl/Operation.getExtensibilityElements()Ljava/util/List;

    I've set the class loading to parent last for this web application
    but get the same result.  I've also tried setting the
    server-specific application settings to "Single" classloader
    policy and "Parent Last" for the class loading policy.  No luck.
    There must be some sort of class loading error happening here.

    Any tips would be *greatly* appreciated.