Hi,
As far as the vote goes I would say 0-

>From the suggestions we have the ones I can agree is to release 1.4
(the next one) with JDK 1.4 and focus on setting the new JDK version
for the next release (I have posted the XmlSchema release candidate
which complies to JDK 1.4 a few hours ago and had to expilicitly
remove some of the 1.5 features that leaked in :)) I.m definitely +1
for JDK 1.5 (and quite frankly believe it is time for us to move on)

AFAICS what it means to move to JDK 1.5 is not merely to compile the
source in JDK 1.5. Rather it involves use of generics and changing of
backward compatibility libraries (annogen, threadpooling) and may be a
redesign of the API's to take advantage of the Java 5 features. All
this leads to bugs :) - bugs that may not exist in the code right now.
So in my mind properly moving to JDK 1.5 is not a trivial task and
need to be taken seriously.

One other trivial thing I can think of is the coinciding of release
numbers with JDK versions (1.4 -> 1.4 , 1.5 -> 1.5 ) :))

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its
creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain
too little falls into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein