This is the routine they use for registering the object:

private ServiceReference registerObject(String name, Object obj) {
       Hashtable ht = new Hashtable();
ht.put("SOAP.service.name", name); return (context.registerService(obj.getClass().getName(), obj, ht)).getReference();
   }

and the calling code for a service calls remoteBooks ...

this.context = context; sh = registerObject("remoteBooks", new BooksImpl(context)); if ( context.registerService(Books.class.getName(), new BooksImpl(context), props) != null ) { System.out.println("Service ["+Books.class.getName()+"] registered ... "); } else { System.out.println("*** Registering service with name ["+Books.class.getName()+"] failed *** ");
       }

Here is the web site for this work:
https://www.knopflerfish.org/svn/knopflerfish.org/trunk/osgi/bundles_opt/soap/readme.html

---
On a separate note - is the work for Axis2 for mobile/constrained devices still in progress ; do you
have any additional information on this?

Thanks much

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

Demetris,

Is this how they do it? register a service and set "SOAP.service.name"?

http://leobard.twoday.net/stories/2790802/

thanks,
dims

Demetris G wrote:

| Hi Dims,
|
|    I will try to help if I can but for a bit I am a bit tied up with a
| deadline. I worked
| with the Axis 1.4 import from Knopflerfish OSGi and it has been working
| pretty good.
| I am sure you guys know about that but in case you don't you can take a
| look at their
| import if it will help at all. I know Axis2 is a different beast to
| import but at least on
| the OSGi side I am sure they are commonalities ...
|
| Thanks much
|
| Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| Demetris,
|
| Got to the point where we can listen to bundles, scan them looking for
| classes with jaxws annotations and deploy them as
| a web service.
|
| Next up, deploying axis2 modules the same way. Need to figure out how
| to break things into smaller bundles as well.
|
| After that, look at Eclipse Corona, Apache Muse and figure out a new
| declarative service for programatically allowing
| folks to register services at specific contexts.
|
| Please feel free to jump in anytime with suggestions, patches would be
| infinitely better :)
|
| -- dims
|
| Demetris G wrote:
| |
| | Hi Dims,
| |
| | how is this work progressing? It seems to be a pretty good potential
| | for both sides if
| | accomplished as it seems that OSGi is becoming pretty popular in
| | residential gateways.
| |
| | Thanks
| |