Thanks for still being here Alberto :-)

Even though you provided fictitious data for the sample code, that
fictitious data should be included in the resulting SOAP request, but it is
not, and I can't figure out why (and am hoping you can point me in the right
direction).  Here's the SOAP request I end up with :

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
 <soapenv:Header>
  <ns1:ExternalApiHeader
xmlns:ns1="http://www.GlobalBettingExchange.com/ExternalAPI/";
soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" />
 </soapenv:Header>
 <soapenv:Body>
  <ns1:ListTopLevelEvents
xmlns:ns1="http://www.GlobalBettingExchange.com/ExternalAPI/";>
   <ns1:listTopLevelEventsRequest />
  </ns1:ListTopLevelEvents>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

The specs say that all requests should be accompanied by the header, which
includes the version number (which is 2 by the way), and that explains why I
get the IncorrectVersionNumber error, which triggers my exception...