At last, success !

I tweeked your build.properties file, build.xml file, installed junit,
launched ant, and it came back with exceptions.

I decided to install the 1.5 jdk from Sun instead (I don't know what Fedora
was using), and the exceptions went away.  So I think my last problems from
the last 2 days had to do with the wrong JDK.  Just thought I'd post that
fact, maybe it'll help someone along the way.

Thanks Alberto.  You were very helpful.

Jacques