I've generated some java code using Axis and some wsdl and I'm having trouble that I'm sure is in the client side. I'll try to make this brief to see if any body has pointers, but I'm trying to serialize a simple java.lang.String object that Axis is somehow mis-typing as an xsi:guid. Notice the presence of xsi:type="ns3:guid" in the request below. That's wrong - and it's causing the .NET service to barf up an error at request time. It ought to be an xsd:string. I'm using Axis 1.4.

Notice that I'm happily serializing a java.util.Date object as an xsd:dateTime object as well. That works all the time. All java.lang.String objects that I pass in to my client code somehow cause *something* in Axis to try to serialize them as a guid.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ " xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance ">
<CDFList xsi:type="ns2:ArrayOfAnyType" xmlns:ns2="http://bluestreak.com/webservices/ ">
<ns2:anyType xsi:type="ns2:CDF">
<ns2:ProfileFieldName>username</ns2:ProfileFieldName>
<ns2:ValueType>String</ns2:ValueType>
<ns2:Value xsi:type="ns3:guid" xmlns:ns3="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/types/ ">philtest1215573741652</ns2:Value>
</ns2:anyType>
<ns2:anyType xsi:type="ns2:CDF">
<ns2:ProfileFieldName>CREATED_DATE</ns2:ProfileFieldName>
<ns2:ValueType>String</ns2:ValueType>
<ns2:Value xsi:type="xsd:dateTime">2008-07-09T03:22:21.654Z</ns2:Value>
</ns2:anyType>
</CDFList>

Here's the fault string:

<faultstring>Server was unable to read request. ---&gt; There is an error in XML document (1, 1261). ---&gt; Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).</faultstring>

Thoughts?

phil.

--
                                   Whirlycott