Hello,
I had a similar problem with XMLBeans, but regarding file generation.
The XSDs I used were very big (10k classes), so this caused an
OutOfMemoryException when doing wsdl2java.
The solution I found was generating the XMLBeans classes in a separate xml with
scomp and using wsdl2java with the -Ewdc option.

Maybe this idea will help you.

--
Ing. David Ojeda
Integra Consultores