Working with Axis2 and REST differs a little based on whether you are doing
POSTs or GETs.  I have been using Axis2 for REST as well as SOAP, but I
don't use code generated stubs.  I am using the ServiceClient to invoke my
services.  In that context, I set the following Options on the ServiceClient
(these depend on GET or POST...GET being the full url with params and the
POST being just the url with params sent in the body of the request):

            Options options = new Options();
            options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.SO_TIMEOUT, new
Integer(timeout));
            options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, new
Integer(timeout));
            options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.ENABLE_REST,
Boolean.TRUE);
            options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.HTTP_METHOD,
Constants.Configuration.HTTP_METHOD_GET);
            options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.MESSAGE_TYPE,

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.MEDIA_TYPE_X_WWW_FORM);
            options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.DISABLE_SOAP_ACTION,
Constants.VALUE_TRUE);
            options.setCallTransportCleanup(true);
            options.setTransportInProtocol(Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTP);
            options.setTo(new EndpointReference(myCustomUrl...based on GET
or POST);

Then when I call sendReceive on the ServiceClient, my param depends on GET
or POST.  For GET, the EndpointReference has all the params so you can send
a null to the sendReceive.  For a POST, you need to send the XML message
onto the sendReceive.

                    //POST request parameters are in OMElement
                    mReply=client.sendReceive(myRequest);

                    //GET request parameters were already appended to
endpoint URL
                    // in RestServiceClientHandler (parent class)
                    mReply=client.sendReceive(null);

This may not answer your questions directly, but I have used this and
successfully integrated Axis2 to call Google's Geocoding Service (GET only)
and Yahoo's Search Service (GET or POST model).

- jay