Okay, thanks Mary.

On your suggestion and others I have rethought and begun switching to Axis2 so that I might use Rampart. I am looking at the samples and they pose a question I want to understand.

That is, the use of client.axis2.xml as in the samples.

WSDL2java did not generate this file for me and I'm not sure what is going to cause this file to be read.

Can you explain how this works? Once I get past this, I think I will be on my way.

Thanks.

Steve

Mary Thompson wrote:
If you mean axis2 1.4, the Rampart module will do that for you. The Axis pages link to some documentation and to the rampart 1.3 module. Go to http://ws.apache.org/rampart/download/1.4/download.cgi for rampart 1.4 and more documentation.

After you have read the overviews, look at the rampart/samples code. I think samples/basic/sample03 may do what you want.

Mary

Steve Cohen wrote:
I am trying to generate java Client code to access a web service from a WSDL using axis 1.4. Documentation that comes with the WSDL expects me to generate packets with SOAP headers that look something like this.

Is this a well-known security scheme that Axis can be easily configured to generate or must it be coded by hand?

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
 xmlns:wsa="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing";
xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-
 1.0.xsd"
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-
 1.0.xsd">
<soap:Header>
      <wsa:Action></wsa:Action>
<wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</wsa:MessageID>
      <wsa:ReplyTo>
             <wsa:Address>
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/role/anonymous
             </wsa:Address>
      </wsa:ReplyTo>
      <wsa:To>https://{url:443}</wsa:To>
      <wsse:Security soap:mustUnderstand="1">
<wsse:UsernameToken xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis- 200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd" wsu:Id="SecurityToken-xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-
              xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx">
                    <wsse:Username>[username]</wsse:Username>
                    <wsse:Password
Type="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-username-
                      token-profile-1.0#PasswordText">
                           [password]