Hi,
  The reason for this is due to the implementation logic. In Rampart 1.3,
rampart processes the empty security header and set it as processed. But in
Rampart 1.4, before going to the processing, Rampart evaluates the policy
and check whether it is expecting a security header. And if it is not
expecting a security header it, just  returns.  So in the latter case , the
security header is not flagged as process. This causes AxisEngine to cough
as there are must understand headers not processed.
  We will fix this issue [1], so this no longer be a problem.
thanks,
nandana

[1] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPART-197