On 20 Nov 2008, at 17:39, David Ojeda wrote:

- I don't understand how it would be possible to respond to the client replyTo or faultTo and then notifying an external system. My understanding is that replying will be that last instruction in my code (a return or throw). Maybe you mean to do this with a custom handler?

That's correct, but you can send the message to the external system first! (indeed, you'll need some sort of transaction/reliable messaging. Otherwise you'll end up with sending a message to one party and not to the other)

- You mention that axis2 uses a dedicated thread pool used to serve incoming requests. I thought that the thread pool was managed by the application server (tomcat,jetty,weblogic) rather than axis2 itself since the webservice request are managed by a servlet after all... Is this correct?

Yes, that's true if Axis2 is embedded. If it runs in standalone mode it will use its own thread pool.

Michele