On 20 Nov 2008, at 17:39, David Ojeda wrote:

I am saying it is not possible because I need some validation on the webservice implementation and then respond. As you said in your first response, " the acknowledgment (i.e. HTTP 200) is *always* sent back to the client *before* the server starts processing the request"
Maybe an example will help:
Suppose that we are developing a Webservice for a bank with an operation that transfers money from an user's account to another bank account. The service will be used in a frontend so users transfer money between accounts. A client will set the destined account and amount and the frontend should quickly respond if the operation will be executed or not. 1. A ws-client sends the request to the service, with a xml that contains the user's account, the amount and the destined account. 2. The ws receives the request and validates the input (checks if the user's account has enough funds) 3 if valid, ws spawns a thread in order to make the money transfer (this could take hours if the other account is in some other country, for example)
3.1. ws notifies external system
3.2. ws responds (to the replyTo or faultTo) that it will process this request 4 if not valid ws responds (to the replyTo or faultTo) that it will not process this request. The external system is not notified
Maybe with the example above I can make myself clearer?

Yes, that's clear. But still I don't understand why you're saying it's not feasible. I honestly can't see why.

Michele