Hi All

First time poster using axis2-1.5

I have a POJO based service which works fine other than axis has a bug that generates minOccurs="0" in the auto generated WSDL for all method parameters, even though they are required. So I am trying to work around this using a method I have used on other services - serving a static WSDL. I took the auto-generated WSDL, made a few minor changes to the method parameters to be minOccurs="1" , copy it to the META- INF directory as part of my build, and in services.xml added the parameter useOriginalwsdl=true.

Now I get this obscure fault when invoking the method that I can't figure out. How do I determine why I'm getting an IllegalArgumentException with no other changes? I have full DEBUG level logging enabled but it gives no useful info (to me anyway) :)

thanks,
charles

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault

        at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)

at org .apache .axis2 .rpc .receivers .RPCMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(RPCMessageReceiver.java:161)

at org .apache .axis2 .receivers .AbstractInOutMessageReceiver .invokeBusinessLogic(AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.java:40)

at org .apache .axis2 .receivers .AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:114)

        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:173)

at org .apache .axis2 .transport .http .HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:167)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:142)

        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)

at org .apache .catalina .core .ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java: 290)

at org .apache .catalina .core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org .apache .catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java: 233)

at org .apache .catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java: 191)

at org .apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java: 128)

at org .apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java: 102)

at org .apache .catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java: 293)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java: 849)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol $Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java: 454)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

at sun .reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java: 39)

at sun .reflect .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java: 25)

at org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCUtil.invokeServiceClass(RPCUtil.java: 194)

at org .apache .axis2 .rpc .receivers .RPCMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(RPCMessageReceiver.java:102)

        ... 19 more