David Thielen wrote:
I'm at JavaOne and so have not had a chance to download it. But it looks like
> Sun's wsjdk gives you everything you need to run web services on tomcat or any other application server.

In this case, what is axis needed for?

I tried Sun's Web Service Development Kit before, and felt absolutely clueless. I actually got a service working but I had no idea what was going on.

To me, Axis is *much* simpler. I write my classes, write the *.wsdd file, deploy them as services, and there's my WSDL.
It really made me wonder why Sun's techniques are so complicated... but perhaps I am missing something.