> From: Tod Harter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I'm not sure I follow the whole logic of needing to parse the
> stylesheets to
> divine a namespace. Simply declare that you WILL use
> namespace X, and leave
> it at that. If the stylesheet author chooses not to define the proper
> namespace, then his input parameters disappear into a black
> hole. Its up to
> him to make sure he gets them. Thus there is no need to parse
> anything, just
> document what the namespace is (the example below seemed
> fine, just map cgi:
> prefix to "http://www.axkit.org/2003/XSL/cgi-parameters"; and
> everyone simple
> has to put that in their stylesheets (or not as they wish).

The problem is (chatting to kip), you can't pass in
the namespace, only the namespace prefix. So you can't
just say

{http://www.axkit.org/2003/XSL/cgi-parameters}foo = bar

and use xmlns:cgi="http://www.axkit.org/2003/XSL/cgi-parameters";

in your xslt.

You can only currently pass in 'cgi:foo' = bar

Which means you need to look up the namespace prefix being used
for your cgi paramater namespace.

Also, if you haven't declared the cgi parameter namespace in
you xslt, it would break if you passed in 'cgi:foo' and assumed
everyone used the same prefix, since it would be undeclared.

If you can come up with a good fix to those, then it's a good
idea, if you can't then it's not.

Mike.