Mike Chamberlain wrote:
The problem is (chatting to kip), you can't pass in
the namespace, only the namespace prefix. So you can't just say

{http://www.axkit.org/2003/XSL/cgi-parameters}foo = bar

and use xmlns:cgi="http://www.axkit.org/2003/XSL/cgi-parameters";

in your xslt.

You can only currently pass in 'cgi:foo' = bar

And it'll probably always stay that way. However as pointed out earlier, it's perfectly possible to look up declared namespaces in the stylesheet (possibly requiring that they be on the root element) and use that. It won't be a noticeable performance hit and anyway it can be cached.

This is perfectly simple and perfectly implementable, and allows users to get what params they want simply by declaring a namespace, on a stylesheet per stylesheet basis.

As soon as I start using AxKit regularly again I will implement this if no one beats me to it.

--
Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/