On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 18:29, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> On 1 Feb 2004, at 21:15, Adam C. Migus wrote:
>
> > At a minimum I'd like to have a flow where I can request the
> > information, click next, ask for confirmation of that information then
> > click submit to commit it.
> >
> > After a moderate amount of hacking I cannot seem to find an elegant way
> > of achieving this general flow as the PerForm way seems to be a one
> > shot
> > given there's no way to POST to another page.
>
> PerForm binds you to a REST-like architecture. To achieve what you want
> you'll need to do a redirect with the relevant query params in the
> querystring.
>
> An alternative is to submit into a temp table, redirect to a "commit"
> page, and only copy from the temp table into the live table if they
> confirm (or "commit"). Use a cron job to age out the temp table
> garbage.
>
> Matt.

Matt,
Yeah that's along the lines of what I was thinking.  I have been playing
with the query-string method but for security reasons I want to avoid
it.  I guess using persistent, temporary storage is probably the best
approach for me at this point.

Now I'm wondering how hard it would be to hack something into PerForm to
have it optionally POST to the goto page when it's done everything that
it normally does.  That would probably allow me to do what I'm
thinking...

I'm also still wondering if anyone else would think this type of
functionality is desirable if PerForm had it.

Thanks,
--
Adam C. Migus - http://people.migus.org/~amigus/