On Sunday 01 February 2004 01:15 pm, Adam C. Migus wrote:
> All,
> I've been playing with PerForm and have a design issue that I haven't
> been able to find much about in the archives.
>
> My particular application of PerForm at this point is an account request
> form though I think generally speaking this query can apply to a fairly
> broad set of forms related design.
>
> In my current revision I request the pertinent information, do the
> necessary checks via validation and commit on submit however I'd like to
> design my forms in a "wizard like" fashion.

I have actually just completed a wizard-like PerForm interface allowing users
to create and edit their email accounts.  It gives them a step-by-step
interface for entering in information, and manages the "Next', "Back" and
"Cancel" submit actions for traversing various pages.

Trans-Page state is maintained in an AxKit::XSP::BasicSession datastore, and
even information about what the next page will be is stored in a session key.

This works out quite well.  If you want more information, I can send you the
XSP I use for the interface.  The key thing about it's structure is it has a
<wizard> wrapper around multiple <f:form> blocks, and the XSL stylesheet,
based on the "CurrentPage" session key, displays and processes only one form
block at a time.

--
/* Michael A. Nachbaur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 * http://nachbaur.com/pgpkey.asc

"Does it worry you that you don't talk any kind of sense? "