Hi all!

The problem I'm trying to address is that I have only one machine, and I
need to use it for both a production server (albeit not one that is
making money...), and a demo server. Most of the software would be
identical, the Apache server and AxKit for example, and I can live with
occasional server restarts, but my own code should differ from the
production part of it and the demo part of it.

Anybody else in the same situation? How do you do it?

Basically, I thought that on the production server, I would run the code
that I have on CPAN, while the demo server would run code that I think
is OK to show to people (and most of the real unstable development is
done on a local workstation). So, I guess that one solution is to
prepend an entry to @INC for the demo configuration, and put all the
modules that I'd like people to look at in there. Does that sound like
a workable approach?

If yes, how should I do it...? :-)

And, BTW: I released version 0.02 of my TABOO system a few days ago.
Now, it can be used to enter stuff into the database, not only get it
out of there. There are a few new classes and three taglibs. So, it is
closing in on a system usable for a news portal. Get it here:
http://search.cpan.org/~kjetilk/AxKit-App-TABOO-0.02/

The test server is test.skepsis.no, and you can try the stuff I
currently have for a ride, login as bar here:
http://test.skepsis.no/login.xsp?credential_0=bar&passwd=trustno1
you'd have editor priviliges, and can submit something here:
http://test.skepsis.no/news/submit.xsp
There's more about this at my project homepage:
http://www.kjetil.kjernsmo.net/software/TABOO/

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]