On Friday 06 February 2004 13:37, Andrew Davies wrote:
> I do this.

Great!

> I organise site to a dev and release directory as follows:

Yes, that seems very similar to what I intended, except that I intend to
have the production part use the standard @INC.

> so I can have one such tree for development, and one for the
> main server. Setting INC in httpd.conf for both systems lets
> them look at the correct versions of your perl libraries.

Uhm, I feel kinda stupid now, but exactly how do you do that...? I tried
to just use my current setup, which is that in the VirtualHost section
of httpd.conf, I Include a axkit.conf, that starts with PerlRequire
perl.pl, and in perl.pl I have (among other things) tried to add
unshift @INC, '/home/kjetil/dev/perl';
but it doesn't appear to be prepended to @INC...

It's kinda hard to Google for this, since there are so many "Inc."s
involved in Apache, and also many "@INC contains ...." error messages
in posts to mailing lists... :-)

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]