On 24 Sep 2004 at 13:52, Also Sprach Kjetil Kjernsmo:

> On fredag 24. september 2004, 11:20, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > The question is, should I stick with the cgi approach or use the
> > content provider class? Which offers more flexibility?
> > Any caveats/experiences appreciated.
>
> I'd not think twice about writing a Provider.... :-) CGI is 1996-style
> technology, and I wouldn't be using it at all.

Hmm. Well I've looked into it a bit and the Provider method
seems a bit weighty resource wise, especially for large xml files.
With the simple perl scripts I can just print to stdout, no probs.

>However, I think you
> might be interested in SAWA, which is currently being developed. It
> sounds like exactly the right thing for you.

Ah, I had a look at that, once I'd found it, (it's not on CPAN), and it made
my eyes bleed :)
Tho as you recommend it I'll look into it some more.

> I'm not quite positive the
> SAWA hackers are going to recommend it yet, but if they are, I'm sure
> they will speak up.

Aye :)

John