I want to thank everyone for their replies on my SATA questions.  I,
too, have heard it is less expensive to purchase tickets within the
islands  while you are there but I didn't want to take any chances of
not getting a seat as my schedule is tight.  Maybe I will be a little
more carefree next time.  When picking my seats from Lisbon to Ponta
Delgada, the plane looked about 1/2 full.

I am looking forward to the trip  -  to walk where my grandmother
(whose baptism record still escapes me)  walked, bless her soul, where
our family circus performed, to go to the orphanage my g-aunt was in
in sao miguel, eat some great food, and just have some great fun!

Obrigada (starting to practice right now)

"E"