Mario,

Thank you for the reply.  I am aware that one can go from London to
the Azores and this would be easier for us but because of the type
ticket we are going from the US to Europe on, I have to take British
Airways from London to Lisbon first and then I am going to Terceira
but because I will be taking the afternoon flight, it will not be
direct and I have to change planes in Ponta Delgada.

I just counted and all told for this vacation, we will be taking 9
flights, with more plane changes in between.  Sheer madness!!  But we
are trying to see as much of England, Scotland, Ireland, the Azores
and Portugal as possible.

Elaine