Hi Christine

I to have been looking for way to find information on family members as my
Evangelho and da Costa members to Brazil and I have had family member born and
married there but have not had any luck on locating people to help.  I was
told some time ago there was few people that do research in Rio de Janeiro
area.  I have e-mail this person several times but have had not reply  from
them.
  This persons address is _dal...@orchidstudium.com_
(mailto:dal...@orchidstudium.com)  and he  provided me some information on
church down in Rio, here is
that information;  This is a link to the church you look for:

_http://www.outeirodagloria.org.br/historia.htm_
(http://www.outeirodagloria.org.br/historia.htm)

The record books must be at the archdiocesis archives of Rio de  Janeiro.
Address: Rua dos Arcos, 54 - Lapa
20230-060 - Rio de Janeiro, RJ  - phone 2240-2669
Diretor: Côn. Aroldo da Silva Ribeiro
Arquivista:  Aloysio de Oliveira Martins Filho
de segunda a quarta-feira de 14:00h às  17:00h.

_http://www.arquidiocese.org.br/_ (http://www.arquidiocese.org.br/)

Again my problem I had is that no one would reply to me after several
e-mails and writing and like you I do not speak or write Portuguese  either.
There
is also a Brazilian Genealogy group, but the down  side with the group is they
write everything in Portuguese, if you like I  can provide you the
information on there link.
Thanks

Bob Camacho
Researching the Island of Terceira for
da  Costa, Evangelho, Pacheco, Ferriera
Researching the Island of Graciousa  for
Reis
Researching the Island of Madeira for
Camacho
Researching  Brazil for