Hi Kathy The MtDNA should be the same for you and your cousin only if you each have a direct female line decadency from your Great grand mothers.
In other words your mother is the daughter of your grandmother who is the daughter of your great grandmother Maria. In the case of your cousin I assume he is male as you used the pronoun he, if he is the son of his mother who is the daughter of his grandmother, who is the daughter of his great grandmother Rosa. The same would apply to your Uncle if his mother was a direct line from your Great grandmother's sister then the DNA should be the same. Rick Richard Francis Pimentel Epping, New Hampshire, USA Researching Bretanha, Ribeirinha, Ribeira Grande, Achade Grande, and Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Acores for, Pimentel (Costa), Carvalho, Teixeira, Rocha -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of KathsOhana Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:17 AM To: Azores Genealogy Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] DNA I have a question about the DNA .. I have a cousin who had the test done. I am related to him by My GreatGr Grandmother Mary was the sister of his Great Grandmother Rosa. Well, he sent me part of his test results. He had the Mitochondrial DNA test done. He also mentioned he belonged to "Clan Tara" or Haplogroup T2. He had the mtDNA, Haplogroup - T2 and a bunch of numbers sent to me. (Have no clue how or what to read about it) But what I wanted to know. Is that if I have my Uncle do the DNA will ours be the same? Remember my Great-Great Grandma was his Great Grandma's sister she was also my Uncle's Great Grandmother. It is getting closer for me to purchase the kit but I want to make sure that if my Uncle did the test that we won't come back with the exact results as my cousin. I have a lot of information on my great-grandmothers side but not much on my Great- grandfathers side (Pregana). Right now I am in the 1600's on my Great-Grandmothers side. My goal is to have the test done on my Dad's Grandfather (Pregana) side not his Grandmother. Both my grandparents on my Dad side are full Portuguese. But for now I am working on my grandmothers side. Later I will work on my Gradfathers side. I hope I did not make any of you confused because while writing this I myself was getting confused.. LOL .. So I tried to explain best as I can... Mahalo, Kathy --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

