Thank you! Now I know. Is there any way to use it if you don't speak/read
Portuguese?

From: gfsche...@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:12:28 -0700
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] CCA Web Site
To: Azores@googlegroups.com

So this doesn't get lost in a thread about a particular surname, I'm going to
repost it here.

JoElayne said:
<<Could someone fill me in on what the "CCA site online" is? JoElayne Johnson>>

CCA is an acronym for Centro de Conhecimento dos Acores.  The literal
translation is Center of Knowledge of the Azores.  The URL is:
http://pg.azores.gov.pt/drac/cca/ig/

This site is a work in progress.  One day, it will have marriage dispensations,
process "de genere" (family information that men wishing to become priests had
to submit about their families showing no Jewish blood), genealogical
manuscripts, parish records, and passports (ships lists leaving the Azores).
Currently, it has some genealogical manuscripts, some parish records (Corvo,
Flores, and Sao Jorge are complete, I think), and some passportes (port of
Ponta Delgada through 1939).--
Achada