Celeste,

I found the following and wondering if this is your Maria and Serafim
because in 1910 census, Maria says she came to US 5 years ago and age
is close.

On the ship Peninsular leaving St. Michael Feb. 19, 1904 arriving NY
March 1, 1904.
Serafim Moraes 23
Rosa C. Moraes 26
Rosa Barbara Moraes 15 (not sure if her name is correct on this manifest?)
Luzia Moraes 17
Maria Moraes 16

The last 2 or 3? girls are listed as nieces.  But I found them on CCA
site - February 11, 1904 #132:

http://pg.azores.gov.pt/drac/cca/biblioteca_digital/PPDL1903-1905/PPDL1903-1905_item1/P34.html

Passaportes - Ponta Delgada 1903-1905 > Livro1 > 00000525

And father and mother's names seem to be the same except the next name
is Rosa Barbara or Barboza? with different parents.  Check it out.

"E"