Terri,

Very little for the Azores is on the Internet.  Actually, I saw a poster at
a genealogy conference that has the Internet only at the tip of the iceberg.
Court houses, libraries and films were the bulk of the iceberg.  So much
more is online now, but it's a small fraction.

For Sao Miguel, you will have to order the films.  Once you get close to the
year 1800 (or very early 1800s) you may start to find others who are
researching the same lines.  Only a few people get lucky and find their
family right of the bat (either on the Web or via something like this
list/group).  Most people have to research about 200 years worth to find
someone else researching the same family.  I find the same to be true on my
American lines as well.

Achada