Hello JElayne - I'm interested in your Mattos family.  I too an a Mattos
descendent.  You may have posted before on the list, but due to my email
change, Google couldn't get me linked up for some time and I've been off-list.
They finally fixed it and I'm back.

My Great-Grandmother - Maria Mattos, daughter of Jose Teixeria Mattos and
Isabell Euzebia Mattos (I believe this was his wife?).

They had ten children that I have so far.

John Teixeira Mattos
Jose Mattos
Manuel Perieira Mattos
Manuel Argusto Mattos
Maria Sao Pedro Mattos
Rose Mattos
Tony Mattos
Joaquin Mattos
Maria Santa Mattos
Frank T. Mattos

*Yes two Maneul's and two Maria's.

Many resided in Butte County, some settled in West Sacramento (child of Frank
T. Mattos), etc., etc.

Let me know what you think and if any names might be the same as your records.
I do know the family was from Sao Jorge.  A cousin who took a trip
to Sao Jorge with my Great-Grandparents in the 1950's for three months is in
the process of copying Mattos family records to send to me.  Hopefully, this
will provide me with more names to compare.

Thank you,

Robin Borba Besotes

Researching:  Bettencourt, Borba, Barbe, Da Rosa, Jacinto, Rodrigues, Mattos
California Towns:  Newman, Turlock, Crowslanding, San Jose, San Juan, Tres
Penos, Hollister, Watsonville, Pacific Grove, Miliptas