We went to Duarte's several years ago and had the Artichoke soup for lunch.
Great place.  There is also a Portuguese hall on the main street there also.
At nearby Pidgon point there is an old  light light house. If I'm not
mistaken.there was also a shore whaling station on the coast nearby at one
time. The area is definitely worth a days outing.
John Vasconcelos