From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azo...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of jojo8...@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 12:06 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] grandmother with pais incognito

Thanks Judi,

    I have that info. The problem is that I think that he was from Sao
Rogue but she always said that she was from the "cidade" which is Ponta
Delgada and where there is a church Sao Pedro. If, in fact, she was
illigitimate that church would not have kept her baptism record (so I am
told). It would have been recorded in a special book kept at the Matriz
church in Ponta Delgada, Sao Sebastao. Perhaps that book has been sent
to the library or archives. I'll start at the biblioteca and the
archives trying to find Humberto and my grandfather's family. I have his
siblings names and year of birth.  I also have the names of her "foster"
brother and sister.

  I'm meeting George Pacheco at the FHC in Dartmouth on the 28th to try
to make sense of this conundrum.

  Another hard lesson to be learned. Please ask your family for as much
information as they are able to provide. I didn"t. I wasn't interested
as a child and now there is no one to ask. My father and his siblings
died at a reatively young age.

Thanks again                Joanne