From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azo...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
jojo8...@comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:39 PM
To: genealogy
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] grandmother with pais incognito

Hi group,

   I hope someone can help me in my quest. On my  grandmother's Francisca J
(Almeida) Pereira born July 1 1879 passport application her parents were
listed as pais inognito. It is thought that the Almeida name was that of her
foster or adoptive parents.

Does anyone know where you begin to look for a birth or baptismal record?

  I will be in Sao Miguel for ten days. Leaving on August 14. Will be going
to the archives to trace my grandfather's family (Pereira) but she is the
one that I am really interested in. I know that the Almeida family was from
Sao Pedro, Ponta Delgada. One of the wonderful people in this group found
her "sister's" obituary in Oakland,CA. My grandparents came to the East
coast and settled in Fall River,MA.

   She arrived with my grandfather and an 18 month old son named Umberto.

   George Pacheco mentioned that the baptisms of those children were kept in
the Matriz church. Any idea as tto how I can see that book?

    Am I on a fruitless quest?
Joanne Souza

http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right