Amazon has the following info on cotton mills, etc.  you might be able
to find the cotton mill in Taunton,  there were a few of them all over
the south east coastal area of Mass.

 1) --  The Third International Congress of Delegated Representatives
of Master Cotton Spinners' and Manufacturers' Associations: Held in
the Large Hall, Kunstlervereinshaus, ... Bremen, June 25th to 27th,
1906 [1906] by International congress of delegated representatives of
master cotton spinners' and manufacturers' associations (Paperback -
Dec 15, 2009) Buy new: $20.99  Get it by Thursday, Aug 19 if you order
in the next 11 hours and choose one-day shipping. Eligible for FREE
Super Saver Shipping.
Excerpt - Front Matter: "... THE CONTINENT 31 DAMP IN COTTON.. 45 THE
UNION OF PORTUGUESE COTTON SPINNERS 52 SECOND DAY'S ..."

2)  --  Portuguese Spinner: An American Story by Joseph D. Thomas,
Donna Huse, Marsha L. McCabe, and Susana Coelho (Paperback - Nov 1,
1998)
8 used from $45.00

You also might find information from the Spinner Publications of New
Bedford, they have a lot of information in the form of books,
articles, photos, etc.  site isas follows.
http://www.spinnerpub.com/Home.html

Hope this helps.

Don Correia