Hi Marie-

Several of my ancestors worked at Gosnold Mill, though I'm not
absolutely positive it was in Tauton.  I don't have access to my
genealogy database at the moment so I'm unable to check.

Textile mills were a good place for immigrants to find steady work as
weavers, seamstresses, blacksmiths, etc.  The towns grew around the
mills with multi-family dewllings springing up in the vicinity of the
mills.  Usually these dwellings were two floors with one complete
residence on each floor.  I Googled Gosnold Mill quite some time ago
and learned a wealth of information.

Good luck in your research.

Greg Lima
Olympia, Washington