I'm doing this with shortened URLs (or tiny URLs) so the long hyperlinks
don't go into people's spam folders.

All information from Dick Eastman about various media and ways to store your
data.  Bottom line:  Multiple copies all over the place.  Mother Nature
doesn't care about our genealogy.  Floods, tsunamis, earthquakes, tornadoes,
hurricanes, etc can claim our stuff within a few minutes.

Dick Eastman calls this L.O.C.K.S.S. - Lots Of Copies Keeps Stuff Safe
http://goo.gl/iRA9j

Floppies (Sony is the last company to make them and they are no longer doing
so):
http://goo.gl/oU4QW

Cloud Computing (what Jesse talks about - it's not on his personal computer,
he's able to access it from the cloud, anywhere:
http://goo.gl/jby9j

Backups (there are many articles on the page and at the bottom is a link to
the next series of articles):
http://goo.gl/cfJ7w

Mozy (a backup service):
http://goo.gl/wEpF6

Dropbox (another option for at least your backup file to restore from or
retrieving your files from one computer to another):
http://goo.gl/fBCSr

Digital, Paper, or film?
http://goo.gl/uP0nN

And archives and libraries also go through these questions.  Microfilm or
digital?
http://goo.gl/AO1PO

For those who want to know how I did the shortened URLs up there.....I used
to use TinyURL (http://tinyurl.com/).  I copied the long URL and went to
TinyURL and pasted it and copied the TinyURL into the message.  However, it
was always bolded, so I had to take off the bolding.  Then Google got into
the act (I read about it on Dick Eastman).  That one is http://goo.gl/
Notice there's no www. there.  (But if you do accidentally type it, it will
redirect you).  The Google URL Shortener doesn't bold it.  And it lets me
know how many times a link was clicked on.

Achada