Rosemarie,
My grandmother did not say anything about going to New York. I have the List or Manifest of Alien passenger etc. There are 13 people listed on the page. 10 came from Terceira and 3 came Sao Jorge. 6 people had their immigration verified, normally they applied for citzenship. The list states S.S. Madonna left Angra on July 25, 1911.

Jack