Aloha Karen,

This is what I make my sweet bread with;

10# flour

18 eggs beaten, I add a little yellow food coloring (the old days they use
only the yolk but now can’t afford to throw the rest away)

1 to 2 tsp. vanilla extract (my family doesn’t care too much for extract
because of heartburn so I cut it down)

4 cans carnation milk

4 cans water (using the carnation milk cans)

2 sticks butter Crisco

1 block butter

3 sets of yeast

4 ½ cups sugar

1 tsp salt (Optional)  I don’t add in mines (I know the old Portuguese would
scream at me for not adding but I found no difference)

Raisins (Optional)

Add sugar to the flour

Empty packets of yeast with 1 tsp sugar and 1 cup warm water

Melt on low fire butter Crisco and butter with the carnation milk (when it
is done I add 4 cans of cold water to cool off)

Add yeast mixture and butter mixture to flour and mix.  I’ve had to change
my recipe around using the stone oven.  I have a mixer so I usually add a
little flour as it’s mixing.  Once the dough stops sticking to the side it
is done. You might have to experiment because weather makes a difference on
the dough too.  So experiment and make your own adjustments.  If using a
mixer add raisins and hand fold in so it doesn’t smash.  You would baste the
bread right before going in the oven with beaten eggs.  With the stone oven
I can use only the egg whites so it doesn’t get to dark and hard.  In the
regular oven I use to mix 1 or 1 eggs and add little carnation cream.  Again
that is to your liking.  Some people like the more crunchy so you would add
the carnation cream.  I was raised when it was Easter we would fold in a egg
with the shell into the dough and bake it.

If I have time later I will find the picture with my bread in the stone oven

Good Luck,

Gail