For anyone seeking a first-rate bilingual tour-guide on Flores, I
heartily recommend Sílvio Medina, who showed me around the island in
June 2002 and proved to be the best guide on all five islands where I
used professional guides/drivers.  He spent most of his youth in
Stoughton, Mass., so speaks excellent English -- although in 2002 I
had to recount for him in agonizing detail, at least from this
Steelers' fan's perspective, his beloved New England Patriots' march
to the Super Bowl championship (LOL!), which included the Pats' defeat
of Pittsburgh.

Sílvio Medina:
Internet: http://toursofflores.blogspot.com
cell phone: (+351) 918 804 210
Sílvio may also have a Facebook page (not my thing).

A professional travel writer who visited Flores also raved about
Sílvio's expertise and good nature -- in her article, "The new allure
of the Azores / Find everything you're looking for - minus the
crowds":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10043006/ns/travel-destination_travel/t/new-allure-azores/#.TlqR9GHK3eU

Katharine.