*Hi Kathie,
I can also recommend Silvio Medina as I have used him also. I arrived on
Flores in late June or early July of 2002 (shucks cuz, we keep missing each
other). I know I was there the third weekend of July for the "Festa dos
Emigrantes" because I played trombone with the "Filarmonica Nossa Senhora
dos Remedios" from Fajazinha (but I digress). There is another English
speaking taxi driver on Flores, whose name escapes me at the moment who was
actually born in Fresno, California but whose family returned to Flores when
he was a teen-ager so he speaks pretty good English too. I'll email one of
my cousins there and try to get his name.
Your 4th cousin John Vasconcelos*