Repost for Judy G:

My grandfather had to go through the Ellis Island "in bound clearing"
where
was quarantine for a few weeks which I am sure you already know as all
coming into the New York, US point...He is on the wall with picture of
him
and my grandmother Mary George. Don't remember how he got to
Northwest,
except he was tracked again in San Francisco , Oakland then to
Patterson.??
I believe he may of come by train?? Is there a way to check that??
That
was in May of 1910. He settled in Patterson, California and retired in
Santa Cruz, California. Where he passed away Jan. 1971 from Cancer.

I believe I have found out this much about him .

Antonio Da Rosa Furtado (my grandfather) 1892 Fayal, Azores

His parents: Antonio Da Rosa Furtado pos 1840 still checking?? and
Maria
Filomena Da Garcia ??

Her Parents Tomas Silveira Da Rosa Pascoal 1885 and Ana Maria Da
Silveira
1877

His parents Jose Da Rosa Furtado Pinheiro de Pedro 1805-1883

Why is it a lot of folks did not want to talk about their lives in the
Azores? Was it the time when they were trying to escape ruling??

Judy G - Searching Furtado , George