Hi Richard,

It drives me crazy when you do the snips.  I can't compare his handwriting
to something else :(

Is this a marriage?  If I back up to the end of line 3, I get:
Manuel Lopes, son of Francisco Lopes and of Maria Eugenia, baptized (nat^e
... I'm pretty sure it's an abbreviation.  I think it's for native),
something, something.

I can't figure out the efferida word, but I wonder if the next word is
Prioz....  Or if that "z" is an "x?"

Whatever it is, it's referring to the baptism of Manuel Lopes, the groom.
I think this is a marriage.

Anyone else?

Achada