From: "bellema...@gmail.com" <bellema...@gmail.com>
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wed, February 15, 2012 9:28:07 PM
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] PIO/ROSE ancestry

Sharon,

I also found this.

Holy Spirit Cemetery, Fremont, Alameda County, California - FindaGrave says
Holy
Ghost Cemetery, Fremont CA

PIO Jose Com edade de 56 annos fallecido mas nao esoucido. Burial bk says 30
Jul
1895.

PIO Manoel Age 27y 3m. 26d d. Jan 11, 1896

If this is your Jose, he died in 1895 that would have him born in about 1839.
According to 1880 census he was 35 so born abt. 1845 so it could be him and
maybe this Manuel is his son in the 1880 census? Someone did research on the
brother Frank and family. Frank was born Feb 1863 in 1900 census with his wife
Nora. Came to US 1870 so I imagine that is close to when the family came to the
US so might be a little difficult to find manifest but I will keep trying. I
found Frank and Nora in 1900 census living in Fremont, Washington Co. CA. Also
found Frank and wife Leonora Andrade in 1910, 1920 and 1930 census living in
Hollister, San Benito Co., CA. He died there in 1931. He is also listed on CA
Voters Registrations.